Thursday, October 21, 2004

Scared

I was scared, very scared.

The wind was howling outside. The rain was lashing at the windows. I looked over at my alarm clock. The neon display read 6.00. in red numbers. Time to face him I thought. I quickly went out of my bedroom and walked across the landing. I hesitated a moment, outside his door, plucking up courage I guess. I opened the door, my heart skipping a beat and there he was, looking at himself in the mirror.

"Did you know that real vampires can't see themselves in mirrors." I said to Count Dracula. (aka my son.)

"Do you think I look scary, Dad?"

"Don't worry lad, dressed like that, you'd better watch out for Buffy."

It was the night of the school disco aptly named "Spooky Doo Disco."

When we finally got there through the appalling weather, there were quite a few Draculas along with witches and little devils plus the odd one or two that I couldn't make out what they were supposed to be. All the kids have finished school for half-term and are off for a week, so my two are at home on holiday.

I'm scared, very scared!