Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A Bit of a Scare

What a day!

They say you get bad luck on Friday the 13th. I think it should be changed to Wednesday the 13th.

It started when I got to work. The store where I work was built in the 70's and just recently, some asbestos was found in the false ceiling. Workmen have been removing it overnight for the last two weeks, so you can imagine the scare I got when I got into the lab this morning and saw white powdery stuff on my workbench. Talk about panic. I informed the morning supervisor who immediately phoned the asbestos people. We weren't allowed near the lab until they came to inspect it. They were pretty quick in arriving and looked at the stuff then declared that it was only foam insulation that had got dislodged when the workmen had gone in the roofspace. Panic over.

Next, I couldn't get to my paper and chemistry stock because some idiot had blocked it with pallets of Christmas stock. I must admit, I really was an Angry Old Man then. Then, once again, I was late getting away because our Team leader had to do the weekly briefing meeting and it overran.

Tonight, on my Provvi round I seemed to get stuck behind every learner driver in town. I know I used to be one once and I should give them every consideration on the road, but they piss me off sometimes. Why do they always seem to be stuck in front of me, driving at 10mph?

All in all, not a good day.