Friday, October 15, 2004

The Shoplifter

With 5 minutes left to go before the shop closed, the store detective caught a shoplifter.

Now the store detective is always catching shoplifters and very good she is at it, but this one was different because I saw the whole thing. Normally, I don't get to see anything because I'm always in the lab, but tonight I was last man standing and was covering the counter for the last quarter of an hour.

She was a young woman pushing a baby in a buggy. The SD had hold of one arm and a supervisor had hold of the other arm, and they were trying to direct her to the security room. She was having none of it. She was struggling like mad , proclaiming her innocence at the top of her voice. "Let go of me, you effing bastards, I ain't got nowt."

Thats when I saw her reach down into the buggy and throw a tube of foundation make-up to the floor. I was the only one who saw it. I handed it to the SD and told her what had happened and the shoplifter gave me a right look.

They finally got her into the office, so I started earwigging outside. "Look, if you promise not to come into the store again nicking, we'll let you go." I heard the SD say. "I haven't nicked anything." was the reply.
"But your on two cameras, and we've got witness's who saw you do it."
"I didn't f***ing nick anything!!***"

Five minutes later the cops were there.

She went for a ride to the police station, baby as well.

Silly girl!