Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Foggy Day

What a miserable day!

I went to work in the fog this morning, thinking it would brighten up during the day, but as I write this post, I can see it's still foggy.

Where I live is only a few miles away from Saddleworth moor and at this time of year it's a gloomy place at the best of times. We are above the snow line so the weather we get up here can be different to what happens down in town. It's definitely big coat weather.

As my next door neighbour says, "It's coming."

Yesterday my lad went on a school trip to a local museum. Apart from having a look around the place, they had to have a lesson, in a mock up of a Victorian classroom complete with Victorian teacher. He was a bit apprehensive about going, because he'd heard that teachers used to cane pupils in those days if they were naughty. I think he was convinced this teacher was genuinely from the past and they were all going to get caned. So when he got back in the afternoon I asked him if he enjoyed it.

"Brilliant," he said. "and guess what Dad, the teacher was only acting and she didn't cane me."

I thought back to when I was at school, and wished my teacher was only acting and hadn't caned me!