Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A course in IT

Whilst surfing on the net, I found a website that offers free courses in IT.

Now I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge of computers and information technology, whilst being past the beginners stage, could do with a bit of perking up, hence the need to expand my horizons. So I've signed up for the next steps in IT course with Vision 2 Learn.

The course covers spreadsheets, data bases and web-page construction plus a few others. You study from home but have a personal tutor who you can phone or E-mail. Average length to complete the course is 8-10 months when you sit an exam. If you pass the exam, you get a qualification in IT. Just the job for middle aged bloke like me who left school with just 3 O-levels. One of those was in skiving!

If you want to know more click on the link.

Who knows, I might learn enough to brighten up this blog.