Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Sod's Law

I had a similar experience to wittywoman who writes her blog called Eccentric Bohemian Hermit today. I had a busy night ahead of me on my Provvi round, so I needed to get away from work promptly. But as Sod's law dictates, " If you are in a hurry, fate will throw everything in your way to slow you down."

And it became true this evening.

First off, I was late getting away from work because a customer couldn't decide which camera to buy. It wouldn't be good customer service to say that I felt like stuffing the one she bought up her jacksie, but I did think it would have been a good idea at the time. Then, before I could get out of the door, the manager stopped me to comment on how good our sales were in photo. I know it's nice to get compliments but he'd been in all day so why didn't he see me earlier? On the way to the carpark, I always buy the evening local paper in the newsagents, which tonight had a lengthy queue.

But the crowning glory was when I got back to the car. My car waiting for me to carry me homeward. My car with a rear flat tyre.

If I wasn't so well hard, I could have sat down and cried.