Saturday, October 02, 2004

Lottery mania

I always put a couple of Quid on the national lottery each week. Instead of the usual lucky dips I chose the numbers this week thinking it would bring me a bit more luck. It would be nice to win enough to pay off the mortgage and get a new car.

What with getting the kids ready for bed, and a couple of other chores I missed the draw so I checked my numbers on ceefax. I realized that I'd actually got 4 numbers correct. Yippee! I was jigging up and down as if I'd won the jackpot. My wife said that you only get about £50 for four numbers. I said it's £50 in my pocket that I didn't have before.

After I'd calmed down, I checked them again, just to make sure, and found out I'd been looking at the daily play game, not the lotto. I only got 2 numbers on the correct one. Gosh, I felt like a right twit!

Oh well. Dream over. No Jag. Back to work on Monday. Rats!