Thursday, September 30, 2004

Lunchtime in Leeds

I got away from the photo-lab today and went for a Photo Production Consultants workshop in the big Leeds store.

The meeting didn't start till 10am so I managed a bit of a lie in. I set off at 9, but no sooner had I got onto the M62, I came to a standstill. The amount of traffic on that stretch of road is terrible first thing in the morning. At an average speed of 20/25mph, it took me 45mins to go the 20 miles to Leeds. I just made the meeting with seconds to spare.

Then meeting itself was pretty lively, and I got a lot of info out of it, which we don't normally have access to. I also met a lot off old friends that I've worked with over the years but never seem to see nowadays. But the bonus of the day was lunch. Leeds has a very good canteen and it didn't disappoint today. I had shepherds pie with fresh veg and gravy with apricot crumble and cussie for dessert. Stick to your ribs fare.

And it was free!