Friday, April 29, 2005

The Party Animals

If your'e reading this blog from outside the UK, you perhaps don't know that Britain goes to the polls next week to elect a new government. Now before you click away, I'm not going to go on about politics. This blog is a politics free zone. There are plenty of other sites that go on about that stuff without me adding my two'pennerth. No, this post is about the little game I've started playing these last couple of weeks.

Let me clarify.

I'm out on my Provvi round 3 nights a week so I come across lots of canvassers knocking on peoples doors, trying to get the residents to vote for their party. Sometimes when I'm walking up the garden path to see one of my customers, one of these people will see me and ask if I live in that particular house. I off course, reply in the affirmative, whereupon the poor soul launches into his/her spiel. After a while I tell them that I definately will vote for them and they go away happy, ticking their little boxes on their clipboards. My customers happy as well because he can get out of his hiding place. So far, 7 canvassers from 4 parties think I'm voting for them. I'm going to see if I can get into double figures by the time the election comes around next Thursday.

Bugger aren't I?