Saturday, April 09, 2005

Birds Nest

" I think wev'e got some Great Tits nesting in the bird box at the back of the garage," my wife said the other day.
" Oh, aye," said I.
" Aye," said her. "I keep seeing a pair flying towards that direction."

When I investigated, I could'nt see any sign of occupancy, but I did'nt get too near just in case. As I was looking, a Great Tit landed on the trellis and started chattering at me. Ah,ah, I thought, there could be something in this. I went back into the house to give the birds time to settle down and also to get my camera ready.

I was watching from the kitchen window with the camera at my side when one of them landed in the tree at the back. So I rushed out and took this. He or she was keeping a beady(or beaky) eye on me, whilst I was taking the picture. I do hope that they really are nesting, because the box has been up there quite a while now.

Who knows, there might be some babies in the family again!