Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Things that creep about in the night

1.15am.

It was warm and stuffy in my bedroom as I was trying to get to sleep, so I pushed the covers off me, to cool down a bit. I was just dropping off, when I felt this crawling sensation on my leg.
A fly, I thought, so I brushed it off. 10 seconds later it was back, so I brushed it off again. Hang on, I thought, it can't be a fly, it's only April. As the crawling sensation had returned, I sat bolt upright and switched on the light and saw a.....

Spider.

"What's up?" said the wife.

"Spider crawling over me." I replied.

Well, I've never seen my wife get out of bed so fast." Eeek, get rid of it." she screamed.

I've not got a problem with spiders, but the wife has, so I picked the little thing up and placed it on the windowsill outside and shut the window.

"It was only a titchy one," I said. "Probably was cold and wanted to get into bed with me."

Either that or it had heard of this blog and wanted to know how to get on the World Wide Web.

I know, pitiful aren't I?