Tuesday, April 12, 2005

It's the way they tell 'em

I was chatting to one of the girls who works on the perfume counter today, and she was telling me about an oldish bloke who has been coming in everyday and spraying himself with a perfume called "Valentino"

"Excuse me sir," she said. "You do realise that's a womans perfume your'e spraying yourself with."

"But it's called Valentino," he replied. "and he was a bloke."

"I know sir, but it's still a ladies fragrance."

"Bugger," he exclaimed. " no wonder I have'nt been able to pick any women up."

True!

I took the kids to the local library this evening, so they could change their library books. The lad chose 3 books on how to care for an hamster. when he was checking the books out, the librarian asked him if he had a hamster and did he clean the cage out.

"Oh yes, I do look after it," he told her. "but my mum cleans the poo and the pee out."

Too much detail lad, too much detail.