Sunday, February 06, 2005

No Rest For The Wicked

She's started again!

My wife is a keen gardener and spent a lot of time and money on our garden last year. Just when I thought she was satisfied with the way it looks, she's decided to change it again. Now she is quite happy to do the designing and planting, but when it comes to the heavy stuff I'm drafted in.

The week after next, I'm on holiday from work and she's booked me up solid. Ive got to erect 27ft of 6ft high trellis plus replace 24ft of fence panels that got blown down in the gales recently. That means sinking 7 x 3" square fence posts and concreting them in. Struggling to attach trellis to them. Cutting and grazing my hand and fingers in a few places. Dropping my lump hammer on my foot a few times. Cursing and swearing a lot of the time, only to find out that I measured up wrong and the damn things won't fit. Then get shouted at because I forgot to take my muddy boots off at the door. It'll probably be cold and chucking it down as well.

We're going down to the merchants to order the stuff tomorrow.

Looking forward to that I am.