Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Snogging

I'm a confused man.

Let me explain why.

Regular readers to this blog know that I am the manager of a 1 hr photo-lab. (No, I don't look anything like Robin Williams.) In the course of my working day, I must look at thousands of photos, and after 18 yrs of doing this, all the photos begin to look the same to me. All the pictures of babies, the parents pride and joy and valuable memories, they all look the same. All the holiday pics look the same.( Most photographed place in the USA that we see in our lab is the Statue of Liberty, in Australia it's Ayers rock closely followed by Sydney Opera House.)
Asides apart, it takes something special for me to notice the subject matter and this last couple of weeks I've noticed pictures of young women, (18 to 25) snogging each other in night clubs. Not just a peck on the cheek or lips al'a french greeting style, but full on, lip kissing, 30 second jobs. Snogs a young lad would dream of having but would be too shy to ask.

I was a bit confused. Have all the women of that age turned into lesbians? Have they gone off men? When will the blokes start kissing each other?

I asked my colleague who happens to be of that age and luckily a woman.

"How come they're kissing each other then?" I asked.

"Oh, it's all the rage," she replied. "Ever since Madonna and Britney did it."

Thank goodness for that I thought.

A passing fad.

Lets hope Brad and Leonardo don't start!