Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Lady saw Red

I was on my lunch when the trouble started.

A lady customer collected her photos from the counter and had a quick look at them. Half of them were under- exposed resulting in what looked like a foggy day on her pictures.

She complained.

She blamed the photo-processing.

She blamed the film. (One of our own brand.)

She told the girl who was serving her that she was too young to know anything and was incompetant.

She demanded to see management.

Management saw her and tried to placate her.

I returned to the lab from my lunch.

As I am the photo-processing expert, I was called over.

I looked at the film. I looked at her camera. I took her batteries out and tested them.

"Your batteries are flat," I told her. "Your flash hasn't gone off and that's why youv'e got under-exposed negatives."

Exit, one red faced customer.

She didn't apologise.