Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Silent Fred

Tell me all your secrets, because at the moment my lips are sealed.

You see, I've got a touch of the laryngitis and it's bloody painful talking, and as for shouting, forget it. I think this a throwback from the bout of flu I had in the new year.

I went into work this morning and told them about my predicament and how I wouldn't be able to talk much because it hurts, (playing the sympathy card.)

The swines cheered!

One of the lads who works on the pharmacy counter told me to buy some Sandersons mixture. The label looked impressive, quote, "For the symptomatic relief of sore throats, hoarseness and catarrh."

"All you have to do is gargle with it and you'll be cured," he said, "You'll thank me for evermore."

So I bought some, mixed 20ml with water and went for a good long gargle.

"Aaachhhh," I screamed, "The stuff tastes like shite."

"Oh yeh, I forgot to mention that." he said.

So, if you have anything you want to tell me, I wont blab.

Honest.