Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Better Out Than In

I have to make a trip to the dentist.

I've known from my last visit before Christmas, that she wanted to pull a tooth that had been troubling me. She wanted to pull it then, but as I wasn't in any pain and I'm a bit of a coward, I declined and made another appointment, which came around yesterday.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not scared of going to the dentists. I don't mind getting a scale and polish, a filling or getting a tooth pulled. It's not the pain I worry about. It's the aftermath of the novocaine that I dread. 3 hours of dribbling through one side of your mouth. 3 hours of feeling like your tongue is twice the size it should be. 3 hours of lisping. When you have a drink, you have to take it through the opposite side from the numbness, and your not sure if it's going to dribble out again. UUgh, it's awful.

She showed me the tooth after it had been pulled out. Not a pretty sight. There was a hole in the side of it.

Better out than in.