Sunday, January 09, 2005

Sunday's just Sunday

" Oh, and I need some Persil tablets as well." the wife said as I was going out of the door.

After the excitement of the last two weeks it was business as normal today. Every Sunday morning I take myself off for the mad trolley dash around our local Morrisons supermarket. I know this sounds daft but I actually like supermarket shopping. My wife hates it, that's why I do it. I've been doing it so long that I know where everything is in the store. I could probably shop blindfold. Even some of the checkout girls know me by name now. Theyv'e commented on how methodical I pack the trolley, heavy stuff to the bottom, light stuff to the top. I fear that I may be getting a reputation.

Another thing I always do on a Sunday, is cook the dinner. Yes girls, there are some of us men that can cook! Today was roast chicken with creamed and roast potatoes, carrots and January King cabbage, ( I steam the veg.) and homemade Yorkshire puddings swimming in onion gravy.

So if you want to hire a super supermarket shopper and cook, I'm available at very reasonable rates.