Wednesday, February 16, 2005

It's been a hard days work

I'm supposed to be on holiday but I've worked harder, at home, today than I ever do in the photo-lab.

After sinking 5 fenceposts, erecting 27ft( about 8 metres) of chainlink and making a start on the trellis, wev'e decided to take the kids to Dewsbury toy museum tomorrow and get back to the garden work Friday.

It was a bit slapstick with the chain-link today. The stuff seemed to have a mind of it's own. Stapling the end to the first post then unravelling the roll a bit and trying to staple it to the next post was comical. It was snagging on anything around it. We got the hang of it in the end. The lad was digging holes for the posts with his seaside spade for me, assissted by his sister who ran a mile when he dangled a worm in front of her face. I would have laughed but the chain-link had me trapped against a tree at the time.

Writing this post, I can feel my muscles stiffening up from all the exertion.

I'll be like the toy soldiers in the museum tomorrow....

..wooden.