Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Armchair shopping

Some folk have got the right idea when it comes to shopping. Just sit in their nice cosy houses, pick up the phone and ring their local store.

"Can you tell me how much it costs and have you got plenty in?"

They don't give a thought to the poor person who has struggled, getting into work, in the icy blasts and pouring rain just so as they can answer the phone. If I've got myself in why can't they? Why can't they play the game properly or have I got it wrong and their way is the true game?
I don't mind really. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd probably do the same.

Suffice to say, the mad bargain hunters were out en masse today and for once everbody was quite pleasant. Christmas wrapping paper was on half price and we sold out! I bought so much this year, I had plenty left over, but I'll still have to buy some in 12 months time because I won't be able to find it!

Full day tomorrow, back in the store all day and then out on the Provvi job in the evening, then same again Thursday.

Bring on retirement!