Friday, January 07, 2005

Lunatic

Wev'e got 90mph winds here at the moment, and , like a lunatic, I've been out doing my Provvi round in it. You often see TV news pictures of trees falling down and crushing cars when high winds are around so I didn't relish a portion of my round which involved driving down a stretch of road for half a mile, which was bordered on both sides by quite old and very tall trees. I was clenching my buttocks the whole length of the road expecting any second, one to come crashing down on my bonnet. Got through ok though, phew!

Whilst I was out, my mobile phone rang. It was my wife, letting me know she had an emergency on her hands. Whilst cleaning the hamster cage, the plastic tube that the hamster has made it's nest in, dropped on the floor and cracked open. She told me that Bramble was beside itself, running around the cage in despair. What I could do on the other end of the phone I don't know, but I suggested she try repairing it with sticky tape.

When I finally got home, all was calm, Bramble was remaking her nest. My wife had managed to effect a repair. The kids had calmed down. All was well.

Looks like a trip to the pet store tomorrow to get a new tube.

I wouldn't mind, but wev'e only had the hamster since Tuesday and it's already starting to cost me.

And if your asking, yes, I am a tight sod!