Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Numnuts

Telephone conversation at work this morning...

"Good morning, Photographic department, can I help you?"

"Ah yes, er, I bought a digital camera from you a couple of months ago and now I want to buy a home printer from Argos, but they want to know what type of card it takes. The camera's a good one, a Nikon."

"Have you taken the media card out and had a look."

"Er, I didn't know you could. How do you do that?"

"There's a little compartment at the bottom, were your batteries go in, next to that should be the card, press it and it should come out."

"Hold on, yes, I've managed that. What next?"

"What does it say on the card?"

"Er, Fuji."

"Anything else?"

"Yes, 32 megabytes."

"No sir, does it say SD or XD?"

"Oh yes, SD, is that important?"

"Certainly, you'll need a printer which will fit an SD card, but you'll probably find most of todays printers will have slots for all types of card, SD included."

"So I'll be alright to buy this printer from Argos then?"

"If you want to sir." (Just so long as you don't come here I thought.)

I'm telling you, they're out there.