Monday, December 27, 2004

End of the party

Oh well, I knew it would come to an end. When you work in a shop, the holidays don't last long.

Last Thursday when I knocked of work, I thought, Yippee, 4 days off. It seemed such a long break, but as I'm sat here writing this, I'm thinking, "that went fast."

I know people who work in industry around here who don't have to be back until the 4th Jan. Lucky beggers. I must be in the wrong job! At least I've got the weekend off, not that I ever do New Year revelling. On New Years eve the wife has usually fallen asleep on the sofa by 10pm leaving me to watch Jules Holland's Hootenanay on my own. At midnight I walk outside then walk back in again with a lump of coal, and wish myself a Happy New Year. Daft innit.

Oh, I do hope we don't get any awkward customers tomorrow. I really aren't in the mood to be polite to them.

Thanks to DaFFy from Sydney, for reading my scribbles and blogrolling me. Welcome.

I shall have to go and mentally prepare myself for tomorrows ordeal.