Tuesday, September 28, 2004

It's Christmas

Yes, that time of the year has come around again- Christmas!!!

Now you may think I've gone barking mad but remember, I work in a store and we like to get our Christmas off to an early start. Seasonal stock has been arriving by the truckload, so much so that the operations staff have run out off space in the stockroom and have started dropping it in the store canteen. Which has pissed us off considerably. We are down to two tables and there is rumour of another five pallets coming in tomorrow. I'll be eating my butties in the gents next, that's if I can get round the rollcage of cuddly toys blocking the entrance. All the "Store enhancements" ( i.e. xmas decorations ) arrived today, but you'll be relieved to know that they're not going up until October. A bit late this year.

Any day now, we'll be hearing carols over the store intercom, the merry tinkling of tills, the late night openings, wondering if this year, management will try yet again, to make us work boxing day. Ahh yes, a wonderful time of year.

I wonder if they'll let me have a 3 month holiday!