Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Back to it

After the excitement of my birthday yesterday, it was back to work today and what a traumatic day it was.

When I got in I discovered that the film processor had been broken since the previous day. A service engineer had been in to try and fix it but had found that it needed a part. It was down to be delivered pre 10.30 this morning. We waited all morning for that part, but it never showed up , so I got on the phone to try and track it down and was told that it wouldn't arrive until tomorrow.

That part isn't traumatic, explaining to about 50 customers why their film isn't ready, is. Some of them understand the situation and are quite pleasant, others are downright nasty and must take a perverse pleasure in trying to humiliate you. I've got a unique way to cope with people who are shouting at me. I smile pleasantly, but not in a way that they could think I'm laughing at them, and then I visualize them standing in front of the counter just wearing their underwear. Works for me everytime.

By the way, what colour are you wearing today?