Monday, October 25, 2004

51 years old today

I was sneaking a bit of a lie in this morning when I heard giggling outside my bedroom door.

"Have you got yours?"

"Shhh! Quiet, he'll hear us and yes I've got mine."

The door opened slowly, I heard another Shhhh, and then all of a sudden two little kids were bouncing on top of me.

"Happy Birthday, Daddy, here's your cards and presents."

My little girl is just learning how to write, but she'd put, "to the best Dad in the world." on hers. Lump in the throat time. They had both bought me chocolate, (bang goes the diet!). I also got the latest Status Quo CD- XS All Areas and Peter Kay's new DVD, "that Peter Kay thing."

We had a birthday buffet for lunch and my wife had baked the biggest choccy cake I've ever seen. It was delicious.

I don't feel like I'm 51, more like 28. With two kids, you can't be too old gifferish.

Now then, were did I put my Zimmer frame!