Thursday, September 09, 2004

Union Rep

I've decided to be the Union Rep in the shop where I work.

We were discussing the fact that the air conditioning never works, the management implement changes without consultation, how they expect you to work all hours and get no thanks for it etc, you know a real good gripe. I expect every workforce does the same. This is when somebody mentioned that what we needed was a Union Rep.

Well I thought, Karen used to do that job I'll go and see her.

"Oh no, I packed it in a year ago, and we've had nobody prepared to take it on since." said Karen.

I must have had a dizzy spell, or a moment of insanity because I distinctly heard my voice say, "I'll take it on."

So that's it, my fate is sealed, the nomination papers are on their way. I only need two people to second me, but unfortunatley, the sods are queueing up to back me. I've got 6 names so far and I have'nt even put the form on the notice board.

They must recognize a sucker when they see one!