Thursday, September 02, 2004

Late shift

I was on the late shift at work today. I don't mind doing the late shift because a lot of work can be done when there aren't any interruptions.

As I've said before in a previous post, I work in a very busy photo-lab, and at this time of year, we are extra busy. Fair get a sweat up I do! We seem to get more film in to be processed than the lab is capable of producing during normal shop hours, hence the need to work after the shop is closed.

It's nice and quiet when everybody buggers off for the day. No phone ringing. No staff asking you when a late film will be ready. No kids screaming. No customers screaming because their films late. No management getting on your back. No tannoy advertising a particular shampoo that's on 3 for 2 every two minutes. Ahhh yes, it's nice and peaceful in a big store, late at night, when it's empty and getting dark. Just you, on your own.

Spooky too!