Saturday, August 28, 2004

On Ilkley Moor baht'at

We were on top of the moors today.

It was a bit of a strenuous walk up there, goodness knows how the kids managed it, but they seemed to lap it up, however we made it to the top of Ilkley moor and I wasn't wearing a hat. And what a grand view you get from up there!

We were sat down eating our egg and cress sarnies, on the edge of a cliff, when a rock climber appeared in front of us. The wife nearly choked on her banana.

"I wonder if he knows there's a path to get up here." I said to wife.

The little girl said "There's penguins over there."

"No, they're sheep, silly." replied the lad.

My lass does get her animals mixed up.

After an hour or so wandering about, we descended and looked around the shops in Ilkley. I'ts the only place I've been to where they block off the street in order to put tables and chairs out, so people can listen to the local brass band.

On the way home, we stopped off at Harry Ramsdens world famous fish and chip shop in Guiseley.

They were delicious!