Friday, August 20, 2004

Olympimania

I've got a maniac in my house!

Ever since the Olympics started, my 7yr old lad has been glued to the box. It's not the well polished performances of the horses doing the dressage that he likes. Nor is it the grace of the gymnasts, or the swimmers, or the athletes. All that goes well above his head. No, what he's watching for is the medals table. He's obsessed with lists at the moment. He's got through a mountain of paper, just by writing lists out.

He's driving my wife nuts at the moment, it being the six week holiday,( only two weeks to go, yippee!) When I get home from work, he'll give me a complete rundown of which country's won which medal. When I ask him which sport they won the medal for, he hasn't got a clue.

Mind you, his list writing ability comes in handy when we go to the supermarket!