Sunday, May 15, 2005

My poor old wallet

After a 2 day course down at Bedford, a 4 hr traffic jam on the M1, trying to get home Friday, then a rather busy day at work yesterday, I was in the mood for relaxing today.

My wife had other ideas.

She needed some John Innes no3 and some growbags to pot up some plants and a crab apple tree she had bought mid-week, so it was back down the garden centre yet again. Half an hour later I was struggling, pushing a trolley with 4 bags of compost, a bag of plum slate chippings, a lavetera, an aquatic plant (marginal), for the pond, a stake for the tree and the biggest planter she could find.

My poor old wallet was whimpering when I put it back in my pocket.

This afternoon was productive. I have bedded my tomato plants in the greenhouse and some more in the veg patch, whilst the wife has potted her crab apple tree in the planter. It was quite warm and pleasant in the garden this afternoon. The great tits that are nesting at the back of the garage, were in and out of the box feeding their young. The squirrel came and gave us the once over from the top of the trellis.

I think it was a more relaxing afternoon than crashing in front of the box.