Sunday, December 12, 2004

A Day Indoors

We were supposed to go to Bagshaw Museum at Wilton Park today for the Christmas event and carol singing procession, but it being a dull day, weather wise, and still feeling a bit tired after yesterday's trip, we decided to give it a miss and stay at home.

Instead, we put the Christmas decorations up.

After we'd finished, I think I'd have rather have braved the weather.

How can a set of fairy lights that you had coiled neatly, and stored safely in the loft, turn into a jumbled up knotty mess a year later? Is there a fairy light demon living in my loft? And how come the glass baubles you wrapped in cotton wool last year end up broken? I mean, I can't recall going up into the loft since last Christmas. I try not too because the spiders up there are pretty big.

Ahh! I know. The spiders must have had a floodlit game of tennis up there.

That'll explain it!