Sunday, December 05, 2004

Desmonds Blog and Santa.

If you follow this link and go to Desmonds Blog and read his post "My Best Friend was Ill", you won't be disappointed. Leave him a comment and he will be a happy man.

Sunday number 2 on my run up to Christmas, saw us at Cannon Hall nr Barnsley attending their Christmas craft fair. The staff were dressed up in Victorian costumes which added to the atmosphere. In the Ballroom was a fellow telling stories about what life was like, back in the 1800's. It was a bit depressing so we didn't hang about long, instead we joined a rather long queue to see Santa in his grotto. My two were really excited, especially the little girl. We didn't have to wait too long before we got in and I must say that Santa was very good. Sometimes you get some naff Santas, but this guy was a professional. He was so good, perhaps he was the real one. Noaw, he couldn't have been, could he? Mind you, when I asked him what the weather was like at the North Pole, he told me it was cold and snowing. Only the real Santa would know that. Wouldn't he?

After Santa, we had a look around the craft fair, which wasn't all that good so thankfully my wallet stayed put in my pocket. Phew! A nice cream tea in the Victorian Kitchens followed, leaving just enough time to sing a few carols with the Salvation Army Band. On the way back to the car, we passed the garden centre and the wife popped in and came out with a rose, so my wallet wasn't saved after all!

There's a heavy weekend coming up next week, so any donations will be gratefully accepted!