Sunday, November 21, 2004

Lazy Sunday

The Smallfaces brought out a song in the sixties called "Lazy Sunday Afternoon." One of these Sundays I might get a lazy one, but at the moment I'm fully booked up till Christmas.

I thought today would be a lazy one but it didn't turn out that way. As I'm up for work during the week at 6.30am, I always have a bit of a lie in on Sunday mornings, so there I was nicely dozing, when the wife said, "Are you getting out of bed yet, I want you to run me down to the plant fair in town then there's dance class for your daughter."

I knew then that my morning of slumber was shortlived. It was no good trying to stall or linger, when my wife is on a mission, she follows it through to the end with ruthless efficiency. Needless to say, that within 30 mins, I was showered, breakfasted and on the road, my nice warm bed but a distant dream.

After faffing about at the plant fair and parting with some cash it was to the dance studios for my daughters dance class. Half an hour of sheer boredom, trying to look interested. After dance class, I was whisked of to the supermarket so that I could part with more cash. Here's a question- How come you spend more money than the week before and you seem to have got less goods in your trolley?

After cooking dinner then washing up it wasn't long before the kids bathtime. One or two little chores left to do, then maybe I can have that lazy Sunday.

Blimey, maybe not, it's only an hour till Monday.

Where did the day go?