Friday, December 03, 2004

What a cheek!

Working in a shop, we get our fair share of nutty customers pass through the doors and today we had a couple of wierdo's.

The first one went up to the fragrance counter waving a bottle of perfume.

"Can you gift wrap this for me?" she asked the assistant.

"Certainly madam." said the girl as she swiped the barcode on the box.

"What are you doing, I've already bought it."

"Oh, did you buy it here, because I can't remember serving you."

"Don't be stupid girl, they're too expensive here, I bought it at Superdrug, I just want it gift wrapping, it is a free service isn't it."

After explaining that we will only gift wrap items bought on our premises, the customer wandered off complaining loudly and threatening to write to the manager, head office and trading standards.

Nutter!

The second nutter we had concerned the Passport photo booth. We wondered why there was a queue building up so someone went to investigate, and he found a woman, sat inside just finishing off a yoghurt.

"Excuse me, are you having your photo done because there is a bit of a queue." asked the sales assistant.

"Oh no, I was just eating my lunch and this was the only seat I could find in the store." replied nut number 2.

"There's no seats because this is a chemists, not a cafe." retorted the lad.

She got the message and cleared off.

They're out there somewhere.....