Monday, November 22, 2004

Old Pal

An old friend from my RAF days got in touch with me today.

I'd seen his name on the MOD reunited website and left him a message ages ago, and then forgot about it. If, like me, you don't check it so often, I can understand the delay.

The site is similar to Friends re-united,only for ex-servicemen/women of the British armed forces and what's more, unlike Friends re-united, it's a free service. You can even get a free E-mail address. So if you used to be in the forces, check it out.

I knew this guy when I was at RAF Laarbruch in Germany, way back in the seventies, in the days when aircraft were steam powered. An Airman I knew, used to say that he'd had been in the airforce so long that when God said "Let there be light," guess who was Duty Electrician.

I got to know lots of people in the RAF and I've forgotten most of their names, so, maybe with the help of my re-found old pal, it may jog my memory.

After all, remember, I've only got two brain cells.