Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Ladykiller

I've discovered that my 7yr old son is a ladykiller.

It all started when he brought home an invitation from his schoolmate, that he knocks about with, to go to the pantomime with him and his family in January. Apparently they buy a family ticket which covers two adults and three kids, and as they've only got a boy and a girl they asked my lad if he'd like to go.

We got talking about pantos and he remembered that he went to one last year with the school. He then announced that besides going with his pal, he's going to take his girlfriends as well.

"Girlfriends?" I said, in a sort of, am I hearing correctly, type of voice.

"Yes Dad, I've got two, and so has my friend." he replied in a smug way.

Now at the risk of being called old fashioned, all I wanted to do with girls when I was 7, was pull they're pigtails not take them to pantos. What's happening up at that school? At playtime, instead of playing hopscotch, it'll be canoodling behind the bikesheds. I wonder if they hold hands beneath the desk. It was all "Man from U.N.C.L.E." in my days, not "Master and Missus". Girls were there,to be shunned by the boys, not taken out to the panto.

Oh,Oh, wait a minute, he's a handsome lad is mine, I'm not surprised the girls fancy him.

Must get his good looks from his Dad!