Sunday, October 31, 2004

Pogged

By heck, I'm pogged. ( Translation- Full up, eaten too much, bursting at the seams. )

After a rather substantial evening meal consisting of home made meat and tater pie with all the trimmings and trifle for afters, we got ourselves prepared for the trick or treaters. My little girl got dressed up as a witch and my boy as a wizard. A large bowl of spogs, (sweets, candy.) was placed on the table next to the front door.

We'd just started ducking for apples when the first knock came. My kids rushed to the door and dispensed the goodies to 3 little kids. We carried on with the game getting thoroughly soaked in the process and then another knock at the door. This is it I thought, we'll be up and down all night now. We waited and waited, but in vain. We didn't get another caller. I stuck my head out of the door but I couldn't see a trick or treater in sight. As I shut the door, I looked at the still full bowl of sweets and thought, what the hell.

That's why I'm pogged!