Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Union Rep-Part II

My colleagues were queuing up to second me on the nomination form last week, which I duly sent off to the Union thinking it will take them weeks before I hear anything from them. So you can imagine my surprise when I got a phone call from a union official this morning.

Apparently, he's written to my boss to tell him I will be the new union rep for our store and that I should be recognized as such.Also, he's going to come over in a couple of weeks to go through my duties and responsibilities.

Sounds a bit official to me. He's bringing over my shop stewards welcome pack. I wonder if it will include a whistle and a flat cap. Oh, and I've definitely got to have a union reps armband so everyone knows who I am.

My boss is off for a couple of days, so he'll get a shock when he finds out. I'm not sure if he'll like a union presence in his store, but we haven't had strong union representation for a while now so hopefully that will change.

I'll probably get all the crap jobs from now on!