Monday, September 13, 2004

That time of the year

Well I've finally done it!

After much deliberation and putting it off, I've filled my tax return form in. I thought I'd better, after seeing the adverts on the telly. All the doom and gloom that will be visited on oneself, if you don't complete it and send the thing in by 30th September.

It took me ages to find the damn thing, seeing as how they send it to me in April. I always put it somewhere safe, so as I can find it later, but I never can. Then there's about quadzillion boxes to fill in, but hardly any of them apply to me. Talk about confusing. I'm sure the form could be made simpler for people who have straight-forward tax affairs. I mean, do I look like a person who has offshore taxable bonds. And will I ever claim relief on a qualifying distribution on the redemption of bonus shares or securities.

I don't think so.