Tuesday, September 21, 2004

ABBA

I've just watched the documentary on the box about ABBA mainly because I've always been a fan of theirs.( There you go I've admitted it now. Sad aren't I.)

It brought back memories of where I was the night they won the Eurovision song contest. I was in Germany at the time, in the RAF and the lads and myself had gone down to Cochem on the River Mosel for the weekend. My mate had driven us there in his clapped out VW Kombi. I remember it had broken down and we had to push it, but the thing still wouldn't start. We got to the top of a hill and started to freewheel down the other side so we all jumped on the side and clung on for grim death. The Kombi rolled down the hill and straight into the carpark of a country hotel. Goodness knows what this poor old Deutsche thought about 8 brits in his place that night, but he kept smiling when the till kept on ringing.

The ABBA connection?- there was a television in the bar, and of course we where cheering for GB, but Sweden won. At the time we all said they would be one hit wonders, but when I saw them live in Dortmund in 1979, I changed my mind!

Knowing me , Knowing you, Ha, haa.!