Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Goldfish

After my mega-blogmoan yesterday I didn't have too bad a day at work today. One or two grumps but nothing I couldn't handle. It was when I got home the pain started. No sooner had I tucked into my chile and rice that the wife said, " The goldfish tank needs cleaning, you can hardly see Ben and Goldie."

As I mention in my profile, I have 4 goldfish, 2 inside, 2 out in the pond. The two inside are called Goldie and Ben.(Don't ask)

I groaned, "I'll do it tomorrow." (Standard bloke answer to practically everything.)

The wife wasn't having any of my delaying tactics, she knows me too well.

"Poor fish, look Bens gasping for air." (woman's logic.)

"Poor fish, they need cleaning Daddy." this from my little girl.

So that's why half an hour later my arms were swilling about in fish poo infested water.
At least you can see the fish now.

My little girl said, "They must be poor fish Daddy, 'cos they're not rich fish."

She cracks me up does my girl.