Friday, September 17, 2004

Not Friday again

To most people Friday is a good day. They have the whole weekend stretching before them. They finish work, sometimes early, get home, changed and out for the night. Or they set off somewhere nice for the weekend, visiting friends or relations, or just a short break away.

Not me!

It's get home, quick bite to eat then straight out on my Provvi round for 3 hours, back home, do the books, then an hour on the computer if I'm lucky. Then it's bed with the alarm set for 6 am so I can go and do a full day in a shop, developing and printing photos of people who get whole weekends off, who always seem to be in a grumpy mood. They want to try working every Saturday like me.

It's the same at Christmas. I'll be lucky if I get Christmas Day and Boxing day off, whilst the rest of the country will probably have a week off. Us poor shop workers are hard done by.

I know I choose to work in a shop that seems to want to be open 24/7 but you can only do so much hours in a week.

So when you go shopping on a Saturday, spare a thought for the shopworkers.

Gosh, it's a hard life int'it.