Friday, February 02, 2007

A Day in York

Part of my job working in the photo-hub is to go and visit the stores that send me the photos to develop and today being such a nice sunny day I decided to go to York.

York is the capitol city of Yorkshire and goes way back to the Viking times and beyond, consequently it is also full of tourists. Mind you, even I like going to York. There are plenty of attractions to see, museums to visit, some of them free, also , if you like touristy type shops, your well catered for.

Today though I didn't have time for all that, I was on business. I parked the car up in the park and ride, paid my £2 and let somebody else negotiate the traffic in the city centre. In places like this you tend to get a lot of buskers, someone playing a guitar or violin or blowing a trumpet, but today, I kid you not, was the first time Iv'e seen a busker playing a grand piano on the pavement. True! He could really play it well, as well. He had quite a crowd around him, so I think he would have got a fair bit in the hat.

Probably needed it at the end of the day to pay for the removal van!