Saturday, February 11, 2006

The things they say

My little lass is getting to be a back seat driver and she's only just turned 7.

On the way home from the supermarket this morning, an emergency ambulance hove into view in my rear view mirror, sirens and blue lights going.

The little lass in the back pipes up, " There's a we waw coming up behind you Daddy so you'll have to pull in to the side and don't forget to put your tick tocks on."

I'll translate for you..

We waws are the sound emergency vehicles sirens make except fire engines which are ne naws and tick tock is the sound of my cars direction indicators.

She fair made me chuckle with her comment especially when she followed it up with, "Must be somebody hurt going to the hospital Dad."

The things they say.

PS.. We picked the girl who used to run a video shop, she starts on Monday.