Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ruminating

After a nice bottle of Californian red and a chicken dinner with all the trimmings, plus chocolate sponge with choc sauce for afters, I began to ruminate on what has happened in my life for the last 7 months.
It was June of last year when I last posted to this blog, and not a lot before then either. I can't even begin to explain why I stopped blogging, especially when I really enjoyed posting and reading other peoples blogs. Was it posters block?-- I don't think so. There was a lot happening at that time to provide enough material. Was it lethargy?-- mmm possibly. I used to think, shall I post tonight. Then almost immediately I'd think--nahhh I'll post tomorrow night. I used to put a lot of energy into my work as a photo lab manager back then, that I would feel drained when I got home. It's only now, 10 months down the line, that I can understand why. After blood tests, my doctor diagnosed me as having an under-active Thyroid Gland. I think the medical term is myxadema or hypothyroidism. Anyway, the symptoms are reduced brain function, feeling tired all the time and weight gain. I ticked all the boxes there. Your thyroid gland produces hormones to kick start your metabolism, unfortunately my kick start had fallen off. I am taking tablets to control this and am now feeling 200% better and sharper than I have done in months. So hopefully it's business as usual. Hooray!

Anyway, going back to my ruminating, the last post was all about the bomb site. Well the builders went away £2000 better off, but the outside of the house looks brilliant. We get the odd few hundred pebbles showering us occasionally, when we have high winds, but you always get that after fresh pebble dash, don't you?

June turned out to be the hottest June on record in the UK and July wasn't to bad either, but by the time my holiday came around in August, the British winter started. I was off for the first 2 weeks in August and it chucked it down everyday, cold with it as well. I don't think the weather has improved much since.

Anyway, it's nice to be posting again. Lots more to come now that I feel "rejuvenated" (sic)

See you tomorrow or Tuesday (oops slipping)