Friday, February 03, 2006

Tum Te Tum

Hey, can't a bloke have an holiday every so often.

Yes I'm alive and still kicking. I must admit that I've become a bit lethargic about posting on the blog. I sit down in front of the screen and can't think of anything to write about even though a lot is happening.

I think that no-one wants to know that it was the little lasses birthday bash last week at The Fun Factory and I spent a lot of time keeping two 7yr old girls from trying to kill each other whilst stopping a 7yr old lad from biting his mate on the bouncy castle. When the food came out the same lad wouldn't eat anything. Guess he'd had his fill of his friend.

Then there was the lad's birthday party down at the local bowling alley. The kids (9yr olds) started arguing over which bowling ball they were going to use, When that settled down I found that they had beaten my score! The shame of it.

The last 2 days have been traumatic at work. I have a vacant post for an operator in the lab and I've been interviewing 12 hopefuls for the job. Iv'e managed to shortlist it down to five.
  • A 20 yr old woman with some experience in the industry.
  • A 23 yr old woman with no experience in the industry but she was the manager of a video shop and is very keen.
  • A 56 yr old man originally from Barbados with a wicked sense of humour.
  • A 35 yr old asian man who is a bit quiet but has a very good cv and would work very hard.
  • A 50 yr old mum who wants to get back into a job after bringing up a family.
If you want to pick your favourite leave a comment. I'll tell you who gets the job next week after I've sat down with my assistant manager and decided.

Cheerio.