Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hello Again

Well, Autumn is upon us in this neck of the woods, the trees are shedding their leaves, the nights are drawing in, there's a definite chill in the air, our squirrel is hiding the peanuts we put out for it and it's also hidden some acorns we brought back from one of our walks. I hope it finds them again because I don't particularly want Oak trees growing in the back garden. The frogs have vanished from the wildlife ponds, probably to hibernate. You can't see a Swallow anymore, all gone south. The remaining tomatoes in the greenhouse aren't ripening fast enough to keep up with demand but had a bumper crop of plums which has been made into jam, and the silly season has started already, a month before bonfire night.

And I've finally posted on the blog!

Jody who lives in Iowa and maintains one of my favourite blog reads, wonders if I've over-juiced (previous post) because I've not posted for a while. Although I'm still juicing and enjoying every last drop of the scummy, yummy liquid gold ( 30lbs lost now and still going down), I've not posted because...erm, I can't actually think of a reason why I shouldn't have done. I could use the excuse that I've been busy doing other things but I haven't, or because I've been too lethargic, but with all the veggy juice flowing through my veins, I really can't use that excuse either. Let's put it down to me not realising how much time had passed since my last post, heh.

My lad has joined the local Cub Scout Pack and the little lass is jealous as anything because she can't join the Brownies until she's 7 in January. To add to her misery, she has had to start wearing spectacles to correct her eyesight. Must be hereditary, because I started wearing them when I was 9. Poor lamb.

This week I'm on a Union Reps course in Leeds a year after I started doing the job.

And for breakfast I drank 2 carrots, quarter of cucumber, 2 celery sticks, 1 apple and a courgette.

Lipsmackin, thirst quenching, green coloured, scum forming.. veggies.