Thursday, March 31, 2005

A lark in the park

As I had a day off today, the wife decided we should go to Dewsbury for a few things then go for a walk in Crows Nest park.

We wandered around the park admiring the splendid spring floral displays in the flower beds, when we came across the kids adventure playground. The kinder were dispatched onto the swings with the wife in attendance, whilst I availed myself of a park bench. It was a bit muddy because some kids had been climbing all over it before I got there. I found a clean bit and plonked myself down and started to admire the view.

After about 5 mins, a woman with two children and two miniature poodles arrived at the gate to the playground. She shooed her kids into the play area and came over to sit down on the bench. When she saw the mud on the seat, she started going on about hooligans and how it should'nt be allowed etc. She made such a fuss, I was thinking of giving her my clean bit, when she produced an hanky from her pocket and cleaned a backside size bit of the bench and then promptly sat down.

Now after all that fuss, I don't think she should have picked up her two toy poodles to sit on her lap. Of course they left their muddy pawmarks all over the front of her nice beige coat.

I've told you before, they're out there!