Friday, July 22, 2005

Summer time blues

Well, the day has finally arrived.

The day that some parents of schoolchildren dread. The day that they put to the back of their minds a few weeks ago. The day they thought would never come.

Yes! The summer term has ended and the kids are off school for six weeks. Not that my two are bad or anything, far from it. I'ts more the shock of going from P&Q in the house during the daytime to full out war. Apart from two of the six weeks, I'm at work, it's the poor wife who will bear the brunt of the screaming and yelling and sibling rivalry, wiping snotty noses, putting plasters on grazed knees, being referee to to their games, building dens, keeping cool in the paddling pool, playing football and cricket.....

....actually it sounds like fun.

I wonder if she wants to do my job and I'll stay at home?